Saturday, December 23, 2006

Overacheiver

So, I've been on vacation all week. I sorely deserved it. But as usual, rather than spending it 'relaxing', I've been catching up on home projects and shopping.

So far, I've helped my father-in-law put up new shutters on the house. Then I painted them. Then I painted our bathroom. All with brush. I just like the patterns on the pain made with a bristle brush. I've completed all my Christmas shopping and doled out some gifts.

I've even finished a few books. Brother Odd (see previous entry) was great. I even splurged and got the latest hard back book from my favorite romance writer. I've been eyeballing the book for ages, but have been unwilling to part with my $25 to get it in hard back form. But because it tis the season, I splurged.

Today, I've done nothing. Absolutely nothing. Well except read and watch television. (Although I did go to WW, and lost an amazing .2 lbs. Amazing, because I've eaten horribly last week.) I did get the chance to catch Walk The Line on cable today. It's such an amazing story. I can totally relate, but I'm not going to tell why. That's a story best left for another day.

So, I have to get back to my slothfullness. I'm watching Pretty In Pink and need to contemplate why us girls always fall for the guy not good for us and why we always ignore the Duckies of the world.

Ta, ta and a Merry Christmas, Hanukah, or Kwaanza to you!

No comments: