Monday, April 17, 2006

Awkward Phase

Ugh!!! You ever have those periods of time in which you acted like a complete dork, but couldn't really put your finger on what it was that made you feel like a complete dork?

I'm having one of those weeks. I know the many moments where I mentally slapped my hand to my forehead and thought, "Duh!" but can't really explain why that is.

All my friends must think I'm insane. But perhaps, this is a good thing. I've been in a slump lately and feeling depressed. So apparently I've upgraded to dorky.

All in all not THAT bad of an issue, but it's playing havoc with my cool facade. I can hardly retain my cool status why bumbling over lame jokes and giggling like a schoolgirl to cover up my social faux paus'.

Oh yeah and I keep sharing information with people that perhaps I shouldn't be...

*slap* Doh!

3 comments:

Madwag said...

I do that all the time... Just ask Julian.
Don't worry about it. Your friends love you just the way you are.... maybe it is old age...lol. It is good to laugh w/ yourself.
Oh... Julian and I are going to start taking the girls bowling. We are actually going to bowl...not heckle... imagine that! Now that will be a laugh!!!! I better start collecting my Bennie Babies! He he he.

Madwag said...

I just remembered one from this last weekend. We were at the skittle alley... I was to put the money in for the game...£4... it wouldn't work so Julian went to tell the 'guy' that it was broken. The guy had to go and get another guy to fix the machine. Julian came back and I gave him the change... it was £1 over what I should have had... I only put £3 in the machine... DOH!

Mark Brown said...

madwag:
Translation time for us STUPID US types?
Skittles=bowling?
4 Euros/game, and you put in 3, hee hee
My daughter (herself brain dead at 21) calls that a brain-fart.

heehee
Markbnjz