Monday, December 05, 2005

Another Busy Weekend!!!

Friday

It all started with Friday night. I had to get home early to meet up with hubby's friend to pay her some money. However, apparently she's a murphy's law follower too, because she didn't arrive until the exact moment hubby arrived home. Great!!

Then we had to head out to the company holiday party. This is my first year at work and therefore my first holiday party with them. So I already know...it's gonna suck. Just because I don't know a lot of people just yet. Okay, granted I have been there for a year, but it wasn't until I was at my other company's for about three years that I really started to feel comfortable with company gatherings.

It was pretty nice though. Steak dinner and free drinks. I hung out with my usual pals, which was cool. However, everyone else was so busy socializing with everyone else, we didn't get much time. There was one couple there, which hubby and I get along with greatly, which thankfully stayed and kept us company. I will call them R & K. Anyway, we were sitting outside, joking around, when R picks up a wax candle to relight it. He ended up tipping over the holder and spilled wax in some pretty precarious places. Okay, to be quite frank he ended up with a spooge mark right on his crotch.

He was soooo devastated, and I'm sure we didn't make it any better, laughing and pointing to his crotch. He was trying to devise a way to smoothly make his exit, he was so horrified. We kept on telling him to have fun with it. I said he should walk up to people, start talking, then get really excited. But to no avail. He ended up with K walking in front of him out the door. It was too funny.

Hubby and I headed out early. He was tired and I admit I was too.

Saturday

Bluebert came and got me for WW. I finally lost a decent amount of weight. (yay!) Then we hung out for the rest of the day. Got hubby glasses. The place normally does hour prescriptions, however since hubby is nearly blind, we'll have to wait about ten days for his.

Then we went to R's brother's coffee house. He manages the place and every once in awhile they have open mike night. It's pretty casual. And tons of fun. We get to hang out with a bunch of creatives and no one cares if your singing along to the songs off key.

Aftwerwards, we headed over to 5 & Diner and just talked and chilled. As always we park ourselves outside for the ability to smoke while we talk. Well, it's getting pretty chilly, but 5&D has those propane heaters. Unfortunately, the one nearest to moi is never on. Then the waitress fiddles with it for about an hour while I sit nervously wondering if smoking next to these gas bombs is a smart idea.

I (well, actually we, Bluebert and I because hubby went home before we left for 5&D) got home around 10:30 and watched the rest of SNL with hubby, roommate, and Bluebert.

Sunday

Pretty relaxing with the exception that hubby's mom and her husband said they were coming by in the afternoon. Usually this means right after church (Noon) so hubby and I had to discuss whether we were going to attempt to get breakfast quickly before they showed up.

We decided to be nice and wait it out.

We waited it out until 3 p.m. By that time we were hallucinating due to starvation and wondering where the hell they were. Finally we gave up and headed out for pizza and pigged out like Jabba the Hut at a Pizza Hut buffet. (Ewww, that's just a nasty visual. Sorry to have made you envision that.)

When we got back home, still no word from them. At about 5 p.m. they knocked on the door and informed us they needed to go to Costco first before they closed, but would be back soon. Thank God we didn't wait, but geez I hate waiting around for people all freakin day!!!!

Around 6:30 p.m. they showed back up again and camped for about an hour and a half, while we both slumped on the couch, eyes half open, trying to figure out how to politely guide them to the front door so we can finally get some relaxation before our weekend was completely over.

Watched some Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad; then crashed in dream-filled bliss.

Monday

Had some morning delight then defurred my sweater for about half an hour at work.

Okay, you're all caught up. Have a good Monday!!

1 comment:

The fabric of my life said...

Well done on the weight loss Onyx. I gained the pound back that I lost last week. Poo, must have been those truffles I made (they were damned delicioso tho!)