Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I hate the fuckin holidays...

No, don't give me that bullshit crap about how isn't it lovely the decorations and spending time with people...it's crap. It's a big commercial holiday in the middle of winter disguised as a christian holiday to those who want to try and fool everyne else that it isn't about the presents.

Think about it....do you know a single family that just spends time with the rest of the family? Like a Thanksgiving with maybe a little church involved? Doubt it.

The whole purpose, really, behind XMas is to celebrate Jesus' birthday, but he wasn't even born in winter. Come'on people!!!

So I've been sick for like the past five days. XMas rolls around. Around noon, we get a call from hubby's sister, swet as always. I did get two text messages from friends. And one more visit from mom-in-law who doesn't even call before coming over.

This woman PISSES ME THE HELL OFF!!!!

They always stop by without calling first. We both feel like crap. They know we're both sick, and even exclaim, "Oh no! So no XMas dinner or nothing?" Then they visit for about an hour and leave. This is HIS FREAKIN MOTHER people!!!!!!

Had my mother been up to the task (I found out she was sick as well on XMas), she would have at least brought over some soup. Or at the VERY LEAST called first.

Yeah, I know I probably sound scattered, but did I mention, I HATE THE FREAKIN HOLIDAYS?!?!?!

Okay, so what would it take for me not to hate the holidays?? Any one or combination of the following:

- No freakin holiday cards. They're a waste. Instead, just call me the day of, wish me well, or send me an email. Please don't waste a couple bucks on a card I'll have to save for the rest of my life for sentimental value (only to you) in which there is absolutely no personal worth at all because you signed all 50 cards you sent out the same way.

- No gifts!! This is so freakin commericial. Why do we do this? Or if you must give gifts, then let it be a donation to the organization of that person's choice. I would be much heppier knowing that $$ is going to someone who really needs it. We have sooooo many other holidays in which to get someone something nice, and on XMas everyone usually ends up with the same thing anyway...in debt up to their eyebrows. It's ridiculous.

- Just spend time with me. Let's have a nice dinner. Or even a BBQ. We can make it potluck. Or start some other inexpensive tradition like Scrabble unti lmidnight. Maybe go offer our time to some shelter together. Maybe switch cleaning eachother's houses a year. Pitch in and do something really meaningful with eachother.

- Just call me. Or text message me. Say Happy Holidays. Let me know you're thinking of me. I think the best gifts I got this year were those in which my buddies or family called us to wish us Merry XMas. It was the best!!! Especially this year because both of us were so out of it. We were huddled in our dark house with the sniffles and completely out of it. So each time someone called it was like a little ray of sunshine in our congested little day. You're comments were a nice little breath a friendly air today too.

That's all I want. Just a little warm greeting during the holiday to say we're thinking of eachother and appreciate our friendship. Maybe spend a little time with family, time with loved ones.

Anyway, I feel better now.

Hope you all had a Happy Holiday!!!!!

No comments: