Thursday, December 29, 2005

Who in their right mind emails about free tamales at 8 a.m.??

Hmmm, I just realized that most of you may not know what a tamale is. It's the best in hispanic cuisine. Usually shredded beef cooked in a wrapping of cornmeal. And sometimes served with a red enchilada-like sauce poured all over it. Very yummy. But definately not breakfast food.

Yes, I'm feeling better today. Although very tired and annoyed with my nose. How can it be congested and dry at the same time? Ugh!!!! Of course, I'm sure it doesn't help my professional career to give off weird looks to my boss every five minutes because the inside of my nose tickles horrendously before sneezing all over his germ-free environment.

If you are planning on visiting the States, don't bother. We're all sick over here. ALL OF US!!!

I thought I may have escaped it this time, but something felt very ominous to me all last week. I would get a sniffle here, a tickle in my throat there, but then it soon went away and I would continue on about my business.

Wednesday, the day before my vacation started, I just remember walking around the office like Scarlett walking through that field of battered soldiers. Everyone was moaning and sniffling. I couldn't locate one healthy person. Right before I left for my vacation, my cohort and I stopped by a certain gay guy's cubicle to thank him personally for not staying at home and sharing the viral wealth at the office.

Thursday, I had to take hubby to the doctor's. I remember sitting in that waiting room, just surrounded by sickies. I knew I was in trouble the moment I reached for the communal tissue box myself. And that's when it started. I envisioned myself busting into the office with hubby declaring they can do a two-fer because I was coming down with what hubby has. However, instead I patiently waiting for hubby in the 'wading' (through diseases) room while trying to figure out if I would be charged an office AND ER copay if I passed out where I sat.

Finally hubby was done. We picked up food and medicine and I dropped him off at home. At this point we realized we wouldn't be going to California, so I had to do my XMas shopping at an alarming rate so dad could take the presents over to the next state.

I bolted out the door, then experienced the shear pleasure of being horrendously sick in the long lines created two days prior to the biggest fuckin money hungry holiday of the year. Every new line was a new adventure in what I call, "Just space out and try to guess when it's your turn" line waiting. I either felt like I was going to pass out or just stared at a speck on the wall until in my peripheral vision, I saw the lady motion for me to go forward. At this rate, I shouldn't have even been allowed to drive.

Finally I got home, wrapped gifts and passed out. Next thing I remember it was Tuesday and the holidays had passed.

Now I'm coughing in the comfort of my own cubicle at work. Yay!!

1 comment:

Ms. Adventures said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds so awful!! I hope you feel better soon!