Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Exhausting, life is.

I'm just plain tired.

I do feel better. Eating healthy and drinking more water. I think this week is going to be good for the ol' weight loss.

However, I've been taking care of a lot of things lately. Cats to vet, grocery shopping, fixing meals, driving hubby around, and a massive project at work I completed yesterday. It's just a lot to do.

However, I still feel like I'm doing enough.

Leaving for work today, I noticed the massive pile of dishes in the sink. We leave before Blueberry, so I kind of felt bad about leaving them there. I hope she doesn't do them before we get home today. I'd be racked with guilt. But there just wasn't time this morning.

For any man out there, welcome to woman's world. An environment racked with guilt over the things we are not able to accomplish. Men can easily look at a pile of dirty dishes and think, "Eh, they'll get done eventually. I'm gonna watch the game."

Women, we think, "Oh shit. More dirty dishes. It never stops, but it has to be done. Oh and picking up the kids, grocery shopping, laundry...when's the last time the refrigerator was cleaned? Oh shit! And someone is coming over tonight, time to do some massive cleaning. Guess Sex and the City can wait. *sigh*"

Perhaps I am stereotyping a bit, but I have yet to meet a woman with the same level of guilt as a mans.

Well time to go do reporting, and make some calls, and some other stuff. *sigh*

No comments: