Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Life Goes in Waves

Sometimes you're enormously happy, and sometimes you're extremely bummed.

Apparently this is my bummed time. And unfortunately I can't tell you why. But I also realize that this is a temporary thing. I will get through it. (Just like you will have to deal with the fact that I start sentences with But and And.)

I am doing better than I was doing yesterday. Life has somewhat progressed. Yet, I still feel maudalin. But that's okay.

I feel that perhaps we humans (you know, as opposed to ocean life, wtf? Anyway...) sometimes turn away from the emotions that are not only inherent in our nature, but are key to repairing and moving forward.

Granted no one really enjoys being depressed. But somehow if I allow myself to be depressed, completely engulfed in the misery, I seem to get through it much more quickly and thoroughly then if I don't.

Perhaps each person is different, but that's the way I work. Confusion, frustration, depression, and then I either kick ass or move on. Sometimes, I kick my own ass. Either way, it's action.

So just bear in mind. My mental status is currently under construction, but stay tuned for the grand reopening.

No comments: