Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Things I Hate

Yes, you've guessed right. It's another shitty day today. It's only 9 a.m. and I'm already in a mood, but we'll discuss that later.

Right now, I figured I'd rant about what I've decided to hate today. The things I hate, or are angry about:
  • Our educational system sucks. I'm not sure how I started thinking about this, but I was reflecting back on my educational life. I always received high grades, except when I started to get bored. Even then the only reason why I got slightly lower than great grades was because I didn't do my homework. My tests were always highly scored. I was finally placed in honors my senior year of high school and my first year at ASU. From there? Well I graduated with a Bachelor's in CIS, Magna Cum Laude, not from ASU, but form somewhere else. Where did it get me? Yeah....uh, huh. Me and a million other smarties working for the man, being undercompensated and underutilized. Wheeeee....
  • I fucking hate 'the man' now. Don't get me wrong. I think police can be good. They arrest the bad guys. But why does it seem that 10% of their time is getting crooks and the other 90% arresting college kids with a doobie or trying to catch people speeding 5 miles over the speed limit? Are these really crimes? WTF?!
  • What happened to courtesy? I hardly ever have doors held open for me anymore. People cut me off. Get angry if I'm in their way. The whole of society seems to have this collective thought that they're the center pf the universe and everyone should cater to them solely. Do you see the fault in this (il)logic?

Anyway, I came to the conclusion of why I am angry, frustrated, depressed lately. See, when I was younger (a period ending only last June of 2005), I had goals, aspirations, and dreams. They consisted of getting my degree, being successful, new car, house, etc...You get the idea.

Now? Well I have all that. My new goal was to have a baby, which I was upset with anyway because it seems to be the one goal I haven't been able to attain.

However, I decided to take a break. And now where am I? My goals as of today are hoping my husband won't always have these issues and that we can have a baby. Oh, and losing weight. How am I doing?

  1. I can't control my husband. I can help, but I can't resolve. Really, this is a stupid goal. It's really more of a hope.
  2. Having a baby? First of all, not happening until hubby gets better. Secondly, there's no promise we'll be able to. Thirdly, I'm already 30 and that clocks a pounding hard core.
  3. Losing weight. Seems easy enough, right? I'm been strictly adhering to diet and let me say...I think I've gained half a pound. In addition to last week's slight gain, I'm mortified. Will this fuckin weight ever come off?

Well I gotta go. Cheers!

1 comment:

The fabric of my life said...

Awwww honey. I wish I could give you a hug :-)

Yes the Paul McKenna thing is about eating what you want and then stopping when you feel full. It's about changing bad eating habits. I'm willing to give it a go, it can't hurt. I'll keep you posted