Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I Should Have Seen the Signs

Every holiday something goes wrong. I should've known I'd get a cold upon the approach of Valentine's Day.

I still feel like crap, however because the 'man' has no sense of time, I have to come into work to get some 'high priority, last second' reports done. This makes Onyx angry. So angry, it makes Onyx refer to herself in third person.

Yesterday, my Valentine's consisted of the following:

  • Woke up to a still burning throat and no desire to get up at all.
  • Took hubby to work and then jetted to my own.
  • Worked for an hour then took hubby to eye doc appointment.
  • While waiting for hubby, played info booth for myriad of old people who don't know how to use 'that internet thingy.'
  • Took hubby back home and informed him that he will not go blind, his eyes were just dilated.
  • Got hubby lunch, then went back to work.
  • Frustration with plugged up ears hit pinnacle and envisioned myself resolving the issue by pushing a pencil through my eardrum.
  • Finally gave up and went back home to 'relax'.
  • Got dinner for hubby and roommate (thankfully she came along to retain some level of sanity).
  • Got home, ate dinner, collasped in a heap on the bed then had 'Baby this is gonna be a great valentine's day because I'm gonna give you good sex' sex. (Don't be fooled, this was obligatory sex, but hey, even obligatory sex is good.

Now I'm back at work, throat still aches. Brought in benadryl but didn't take it as my co-worker made the observation that, "doesn't that stuff make you sleepy?" Yeah, just what I need...to resolve my career dilemma by botching up a corporate report that I was made to complete on my 'sick' day. I don't think they'll take the excuse, "But benedryl made me do it!"

So how was you're VD?

No comments: