Friday, March 17, 2006

The small things in life

Do you ever enjoy doing odd tasks which don't really mean much, but you take enjoyment in the steps it takes to do that task?

Making coffee is for me one of these things. At work, when I used to drink coffee, I would bitch and complain when no one refilled the carafes.

Now I don't drink coffee at work (because the water here is on straight tap from Mexico apparently), but I still like to bitch and complain about empty carafes and refill them.

I was doing this yesterday, when I realized I like just making coffee. Something about emptying out the old grinds, putting in a new filter, filling it up with new coffee, and pushing the little 'Brew' button makes me feel better.

I've noticed this about a few things. Like doing laundry. Or vacuuming. I don't like the thought of doing it, but once I get into it, I enjoy it.

There's something comforting and feminine in doing these things that apparently I appreciate. Why can't my husband?

1 comment:

JP said...

I don't feel especially feminine when I do my vacuuming, however, I do wish that a nice feminine woman would do it for me. :) I haven't been able to find one to do it for me though... ?