Monday, January 02, 2006

Aren't we supposed to learn from history?

I'm a firm believer in the saying, "Those who do not read and understand history are doomed to repeat it."

I was watching the news the other day and they showed a clip of a poltician talking about the Vietnam war. He was explaining that many people had been led to believe the war in Vietnam would be quick. That we would go over there, do our job, and pull immediately out. However that war lasted 13 years.

Today, many people believed that the Iraq war would be the same. That we would get in there, do our thing, and pull out. It's been about three years now, and let me tell you, it's going to be awhile. Probably longer than Vietnam.

It just amazes me the innocence of the people here in America. They believe whatever fool thing the politicians tell them. Following blindly a leader who has been known to lie before.

I fully support the American way, however I'm not sure I agree with the direction this country is going. I know we can't pull out but I believe it was wrong to go over there in the first place.

(sigh)

I'm gonna go snuggle with my fwitten now.

Happy New Year everyone!!

1 comment:

Ms. Adventures said...

Hey there! Happy New Year Onyx! I noticed your header changed, I read it and smiled amused like.

I agree with you on Iraq, though I don't think everyone is cool with it. As we go on longer and longer, Bush's public satisfaction rate is going down, down down. So people are starting to notice, just slowly. You must have many people around you that are firm Bush believers.... don't be fooled.

hugs!

ps. updated Divas :)