Thursday, January 19, 2006

Irony Week

Or maybe sarcasm. Not sure, too tired to differentiate the diff.

Anyway, I was laying back in bed last night, trying to figure out what to watch before going to dreamland. I was flipping through the 'ole digital guide, when I decided to give the Tyra show a looksee.

So the intro started. This show was about mulitple couples and the question of if monogamy was natural. Heff and his three bibmbette girlfriends were going to come on and talk about it. Throughout this whole intro, the rating for tv shows flashes. In a bigg ass (so big it requires two g's) black box it shows throughout the entire intro:

TV
G

What?! Huh?! Ummm, isn't this the same content Mr. Stern got burned on and was forced from the public airwaves from with massive fines? TV G?

Now, I'm not sure but I thought a 'G' rating meant anyone, including impressionable young minds, could watch it. Who's doing these ratings?

Maybe it's my fault. I mean I didn't look up the ratings. Perhaps 'G' means 'Ghastly sexual topics' or 'Gonads mentioned'. I mean, shouldn't ANY show with Heff immediately rate at LEAST a PG-13?

WTF?

No comments: