Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A Blog Entry A Day Keeps The Insanity Away!!

Just let me get this out real quick before I continue on. In the past, I noticed several overused phrases by the media and our government that drive me nuts. For instance:

- Harrassment (not so much the word as the sudden changing of the pronunciation of it. It's pronounced 'her-ASS' people for a reason!)
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Smoke'em out
- New and improved

My latest gripe?



When watching television, about every five minutes, "This just in, can't miss this show, it was 'ripped from the headlines!' " Whateva.

---------

So, while driving into work late today, I noticed a sea of little humans walking on the sides of the streets. (And I saw about 7 bright yellow buses, which is unusual.) I figured since I was going into work a little later, it was the skads of kids going into school that I usually don't see when I'm going in on time (it's amazing the things you miss just being a few minutes late or early than your usual routine.)

I mean there are tons of kids. Spilling over into the street. It looks like the Macy's parade just let out.

The ironic thing? Usually when I get into work by 9 a.m. There are two crossing guards in front of the street with the preschool when there is just a small amount of kids out. But today, when there were swarms of kids out? No crossing guards. Apparently the school district loves middle school kids as much as the rest of the world.

Adios muchachos!!

2 comments:

blueberi said...

that picture is so funny

The fabric of my life said...

Yes I'm back, well almost, don't feel 'back to normal' yet as my sister is still here and I have that holiday feeling :-)

Glad to see you caught the Christmas spirit eventually ;-)

and yes the thing is on!