Friday, January 13, 2006

Merry XMas Everyone!!!

So, this weekend all of my mom's side of the family is supposed to get together to celebrate XMas. We were all sick on the actual holiday so it had to be slightly postponed.

Yesterday, I get a call from my mom. Her pc is fried and would I mind coming over to try to fix it. (Seeing as how HP wants about $120 to warranty and fix it, and loving daughter charges nada.)

So I go over there after work, and see my aunt is there. I walk in and mom is opening presents. (It was her birthday on Dec 28th and she is still celebrating that too. Which I have to give props to mom because she can usually spread out a birthday into a birth-quarter.)

So I figure since most of the people have opened their gifts already, I'd hand out the remaining ones we have and be done with it already. We had decided to do a gift exchange, but I think mom and grandma cheated a little. My uncle was the one that had me for gift exchange. He's a great guy but a little short on cash (like me this holiday) so I wasn't expecting much. let me tell ya...his was the best darn gift I received the entire season. This is what he got me:

- "Make Love!* *The Bruce Campbell Way" book. I have desperately wanted this for months, but had forgotten about until I opened it up!!!
- St ives Whipped Silk lotion. My favorite because it's not greasy at all!
- Orchid scented lotion and shower gel. Desperaetly needed because I was running out of shower gel at home.

Then mom and grandma gave me a jewelry box, measuring cups that you can see the measurement from the top of the cup, and measuring spoons that you can switch out to be different measurments.

I wasn't able to fix ma's pc. Her hard drive completely crashed. But I was able to set her up on an old pc until I could switch out her hard drive this weekend. Ugh!!

Well that's about it. Have to get back to work now. Have a loverly weekend!!

No comments: