Sunday, January 15, 2006

Friday the 13th had nothing on Saturday the 14th

Actually now I think about it. It may have all started on Friday. In the afternoon, we had a conference call and I got the wonderful responsibility of creating reports this weekend. I hate working during the weekend (you know, with attemtping to get a life and all), but at least I get to work from home.

Saturday started out well. Blueberry and I headed out to WW first thing in the morning and Glory Be! I had lost another 2.8 pounds last week. We then headed over to Albertsons, picked up some breakfast stuff and headed to my house to settle down for a nice yummy breakfast.

Right in the middle of making it, though, we got a phone call. It was hubby's mom. Hubby's grandmother was in the hospital again. She was vomiting and extremely dehydrated so they rushed her over to the hospital in an ambulance. Hubby's mom was about an hour away, so she asked us to head over there first. We shoved the food down our throats and headed out (abandoning Blueberry at our home.)

We arrived at the ER in record time. We asked about hubby's grandmother and they told us just to wait and someone would get us shortly. We waited probably about a good hour until they said she was in XRay and would let us know when she got out. That never happened. Mom showed up, we talked for awhile, then one of the doctors asked us to leave the waiting room because he had to break some news to a family in there.

Ummm, hello?!?! What're we? Chopped liver? He could've taken them in to triage (where there was no one). Or just inside the ER doors. First of all, I think it was extremely rude to ask us (a nervous waiting family) to leave the one area we knew was a guarantee to get news on grandma. Secondly I think it was pretty assholish of him to say in front of THAT family that he had some bad news to break to them...TO US!! Then, he never came back to say it was alright for us to go back in the room. I really hate doctors sometimes...well, any medical worker, really. Especially, those pompous triage people.

Anyway, I digress. We get back home (still nothing on grandma) and Blueberry is kicking it inside watching cable. I plopped down on the couch with her and we both watched cable for awhile. Then I get a phone call...it was MY mom. She bought a hard drive and installed it herself (have I told you how proud I am of this woman? I know very few civilians that would even attempt to install something via USB), however she needed an O/S for the new drive.

So I packed my bag of software goodies and headed over. Damnit! if that computer did not want an o/s loaded. I tried 2000, but it said it couldn't 'upgrade' without a previous version of windows. So I popped in the 98 cd and it wouldn't recognize. Then I tried installing 98 and it wouldn't work!!! I tried it on another pc of mom's that was trashed and it was doing the same thing. So I gathered up my stuff and her pc with a promise that I would back later with either a loaner of ours or hers working.

Got home. Thought about it. (Mom goes to school online and she really looked heartbroken when I told her I'd be back tomorrow with a pc. I mean 'I dropped the last of my favorite chocolate fudge ice cream on the floor' heartbroken.) So I headed right back over ther with a loaner.

On my way back home, I picked up some Subway. Had to cancel a rondevous with friends to a hooka bar (not not that kind of wacky tobacco, naughty reader!), but spent the rest of my night socializing with hubby and Blueberry. We topped it all off with a nice viewing of Ocean's Twelve and SNL.

So Sat started and ended well, but that middle was a killa!!

No comments: