Friday, October 21, 2005

Do Something Everyday That Scares You

That's what one of my blogging friends wrote...Don. For me, I believe that would be stepping on the scale. Ah, ha, ha, ha.

No, seriously. So I had a conversation with hubby. I did finances last night. All things considered, we're not doing badly. However, we would have to make major scarifices if we were able to get that big house we want.

For example...

No kids
No updating of said house
No food
No gas
No 'accidents'
No flat panel television

That's when he said it wasn't feasible. No, I'm just joking. But seriously, he did admit that perhaps we should look elsewhere. There are still a lot of nice homes we could afford. But we really had our heart set on that one.

So we'll see. Dad's going to talk to the owners around January to see what price they're looking for. Hopefully it'll be lower than what we expect because so much work is needed to be done and they wouldn't have to worry about fixing it up for potential buyers.

Cross your fingers. In the meantime, I'm going to try to majorly pay off some of our debts. We were a little lenient with those because of all of hubby's expenses during school. Now it's payback time.

By the way. Hubby got a new job. I'll tell you more about it once he's verified he accepted it and gave notice at his old one. Murphy's law you know. (Plus you never know who's reading these things.)

Hasta la pasta, babies!!

1 comment:

The fabric of my life said...

It all sounds very grown up! I hope you get it at the price you want

Can't wait to hear about Hubby's new job :-)