Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Random Musings

So I walked into work this morning and had a sense of not deja vu, but rather, "Didn't I just leave this place?" Dontcha just hate that??

Interesting responses to my last post and I thank everyone for sharing. I think it rather ironic that the people who have the most to gain by death (christians) seem to be the ones who fear it the most.

I've had this discussion with many a person. Why is it in our culture, we fear the inevitable? Makes no sense, doesn't it? If it's going to happen anyway, what does worrying about it provide?

It seems rather hypocritical when I go to a funeral and everyone there is bawling their eyes out and saying what a shame it is that that person died. These are my friends and family. God fearing chritians. Ummm, people who believe in a fabulous afterlife? I don't know about you, but shouldn't we be mourning that WE didn't pass away??

"Oh shit, man, did you hear about Uncle Bernie? Lucky bastard is now in heaven, no pains, no hunger, no thirst. Lots of lovin. Me? Yeah, I'm still here, bummer, huh?"

I mean shouldn't this be how our conversations go?? The ones who passed on and we believe are in heaven are the lucky bastards. Which leads me to another question...

A lot of people think that when we go to heaven, our questions, all questions, will be answered. However, if we're in heaven and know nothing but joy, then we wouldn't be able to feel frustration at not knowing the answers, therefore we would not care about those answers. Get me?

Anyway, no worrying about something I can't control. When it's my time, it's my time.

(sigh) Back to work. I'm just not in the mood today. Beautiful weather always does this to me. October rolls around and I just DO NOT feel like working. Good thing it's not a busy week this week. But my boss and my cube mate are going to be out Friday. That's REALLY going to suck. I think that'll be a late start/early finish day. Bleh!

1 comment:

Ms. Adventures said...

Lol yea that's a good point about "lucky bastards"

It's funny you say what you do about questions in the after life. I wonder about these things ALL the time! I guess cause there's no way of knowing.


OH and PS: in reference to my blog: I hope I didn't come across as a total bitch, I'm just PMSing.