Thursday, October 13, 2005

I'm a Big Meanie

I really need to stop talking shit about other people.

It's not that I tell lies about them. I refuse to make things up. However, even though they mess up, they're still human.

My conscious got to me the other day. I was talking to my boss and teammate about another person they just brought in. This person was supposed to help me with reports, but they seem to want to do their own thing. They grab a report with out asking anyone for assistance on how to generate it or if the data is right and they've only been here for about a month.

So I've been talking shit about them to my boss and teammate. You know the deal, "WTF? Why doesn't she listen?" You know the speech, it's borderline valley girl. "Why doesn't she ask someone to check her report? She should be letting her boss know about all those requests."

(Okay there's also a side to me that wonders what people bitch about me. Is it my over the top humor? My incessant need to be right? Do I have an ego problem??)

So I was seeing my boss off yesterday and walked past said person. They didn't even wave or nothing and I was right in front of them. Of course, it could have been that I should have waved first. Maybe they were deep in thought?

Anyway, I was visualizing (imagining) them with a hurt look in their eyes over hearing what I had said. (I always assume the worst.) Granted I think what I said was true, but I could have been a little more respectful about it. A little more mature.

I always have this problem in the workplace. My team always seems to mock those who don't get it. Well not so much those who don't get it, but refuse to be taught how to get it. You know those people? The person who admittantly says, "I can do it. I'll do it." or does it without telling you. Then you find out the report went to a higher up and maybe 5 people got laid off because of the report. Then you find out the report was incorrect because they have no freakin clue what they're doing and didn't ask anyone help them to check their facts.

Ugh!!!!

Anyway, I need to be nicer. I'm such a meanie. (But they really are a pain.)

BTW, 5 points if you can tell me what that picture is at the top of my entry and what it's from.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

What you talking about Trac, I get the 5 points, it's a prune isn't it?

WV mucking out horses happy with it.

Onyx said...

You guys are too funny!! Trac, you are correct!!

The Beatles is my all time favorite band, then Weezer, then...well I dunno...I just love music.

Ms. Adventures said...

It's HARD not to gossip. Crystal and I do all of ours through IM if that's not even worse!! Besides there's nothing wrong with pointing out pigheaddedness. I say, if you're willing to say it to the person directly, then it doesn't matter who you say it to, especially if you've already tried to talk to the person about it.