Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Great Expectations

I keep expecting something great to happen to me.

Am I just not appreciating what I have? Or perhaps I'm just waiting for something to happen and not acting upon my desires to make these great things happen??

Sometimes I get frustrated because I don't think some very basic things are going to happen. Like hubby and I having a baby. I feel like I am just barren down there.

I wonder if this has anything to do with me turning 30 next month? It's not that big of a deal. I know it isn't. But there so many things I wanted to do with my life. I saw myself a slim, career-oriented woman by now.

Maybe part of it was watching Fever Pitch the other day. Granted it was supposed to be a romantic comedy. But it had Drew Barrymore portraying a character that was just turning 30, was in great condition, and doing great in her career.

I know. I need to kick myself in the ass. I can't be thinking these things. Moping around isn't going to help me any. This is stupid. I'm going back to work.

1 comment:

blueberi said...

I'm glad you liked that book. I finished the first Pearls Before Swine book. It was goood.