Monday, October 17, 2005

I Remember Now!...

I remember one of the things I was going to post now.

So our latest roommate was having difficulties scraping together rent. i have no idea why. He works, it was a low rent. Whateva...

So at one point he suggested to hubby working off rent by doing yardwork. Now I don't mind doing yardwork, well at least some of it. I can mow and trim with the best of them. But I absolutely hate raking. Plus staying on top of the yard is my bane because I have so many other things that need to be done with the house, including getting the yard looking nice for when we sell/possibly rent it.

So we made an arrangement. He takes care of the yards and we waive rent. He started last night. He raked the entire back yard and Oh..My...Gawd!!! It looks so much better. Plus I had the time to do other things such as:

- laundry
- pick up around the house
- do dishes
- clean the bathroom
- clean the cat litter
- have GREAT sex with hubby
- make dinner
- do grocery/other shopping
- switch out air filter
- make oatmeal/nuts/chocolate chip cookies

Now to get work on other stuff. It really does take a lot of weight off my shoulders though. I feel so much more free to do other stuff around the house. It helps so much, that I may check into how much it is to get someone in to do the yard regularly. Although if we get the house we want (fingers crossed) then the yard work won't be so much. We'll see.

Which is another thing that we talked about this weekend. Apparently we don't necessarily need to sell the house to get our next one. We can take out a loan for the equity, use that for a down on the next house, and rent out the current one. So we would have additional property and not worry about selling this house. Sounds pretty good, huh? Thanks Hippo for introducing us to this house. It has worked wonders!!!

Well back to work. Ugh!

No comments: