Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Idiots

I couldn't figure out what to write today. A lot of things have been going through my mind lately (the fact that this darn weight is so hard to take off, my 30th birthday is just around the corner, how freakin young Danius looks, how I should called my friends), but none of that would really come out to a good posting (at least not for me.) So, I figured I'd talk about hubby's idiot friend, Spaz.

I think I referred to him by another name in one of my previous postings, but darn if I can remember what it was. This is the guy who always seems to just glide through life. He's always asking us for money. And...well...I guess his time has come.

Let me give you some background on this guy first.

Spaz is the type of guy that will only come over to borrow money or other goods from ya. When his life is doing good, you never hear from him. But when life is rteating him bad, he's over all the freakin time.

Spaz has a few bad habits. Most illegal. And his bad habits just keep getting worse, so we haven't been to happy lately when he stops by. With my luck, he'll be under surveillance and BAM! they bust him when he's at our house and bust us by association.

We pretty much cut off the relationship about a month ago when all respect was lost. He started getting involved in some scrupulous activities because he was gambling away all of his money. He kept on promising to stop, but it never happened. He kept coming over on the weekends (and weekdays) to borrow some money and then we wouldn't see him for a few weeks, when he'd come back apologizing but yet again asking for more money.

On top of that, he started missing a lot of work. Of course, he'd always come by explaining that he had back problems and couldn't go to work because he was in so much pain, but he could jump our back wall just fine. It is always something with him. But amazingly enough he was like a cat, always landed on his feet.

When his job realized he was missing a lot of time consistently they fired him. He fought back and said they should have offerred him counseling because of his gambling problem. The fucker actually got offerred his job back, and then promptly quit. Now he has a lawyer on retainer and plans on suing the freakin company for firing him. (We kept on saying, "But Spaz...you quit. *coughdumbasscough*"

Last we had heard he had a new job offer, making more money, and still had plans to sue the previous company.

Thenn hubby got a call last week. It was Spaz. Apparently he had a small misdemeanor on his record from years back, so the other company retracted their offer. Since then he's been sitting on his butt waiting for the lawsuit to bring him in some mighty cash. I guess the state did help him out a bit (I'm not sure how he got that arranged), but I guess the funds are running out now because he said he's due to lose both apartment and car next week.

I guess karma finally caught up with him. In a way, I do feel bad for him. He's the Eddie Haskall of our group. He can be a really nice guy, but he can be a dick also. In a way I'm actually glad this happened to him. I hope he's really hit rock bottom and straightens out soon.

We'll see.

1 comment:

Ms. Adventures said...

My husband used to have some pretty scurvey friends like that too. It always makes you wonder how they live with themselves. Eh to each his own.