Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Remind me never to eat at Applebee's again...

So hubby and I went to Applebee's with Bluebert last night. (Poor Bluebert has come down with a cold. Everytime she coughed, I felt such sorrow for her. Poor thing.)

First we ordered potato skins for an appetizer. Now if you know Applebee's, you'll know that appetizers and drinks are their specialty. So they should have been good. However they were lukewarm at best. I figured, no problem, my meals a comin'.

I got a Weight Watchers meal to watch my calories. It was teriyaki steak skewers with rice and vegatables. At least the rice and vegetables were good, but those steak skewers were deplorable!!! They had all kinds of fat on them. I think I got the bits they trim off from the other GOOD steaks they serve the people who don't give a shit about calories too. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't worth the $11 I paid for it.

A bit of good news today!! I actually lost some poundage. I can't help it. I just just stand up in front of a room full of people and declare, "Hi, my name is Onyx, and I'm a scale-aholic." I can't help myself. Every morning, before I eat, with only a shirt on panties on (stop it, you perv!) I step tentatively on the scale, ensuring that it is perfectly balanced on one saltillo tile. Thinking to myself, "God, I feel like a heifer," this thought is a must because I know my body. If I think, "I think I've lost some weight," it means I've definately gained. Then I look at the readout and try to determine if this is a loss or a gain from the day before.

And today was a loss of about a pound!! Yay!!! Only a few left to go until I hit below the 200 mark. I know, sounds ginormous, doesn't it? I think I'll throw myself a little party for when I get below 200. Then my next step is under 185. Why? you ask? (Yeah, I know you really didn't but tough shit because I'm going to tell you anyway.)

Years ago, upon visiting my doctor, he calculated my weight and uttered the words I feared the most. "You're clinically obese." Obese?! Obese?! Not even obtuse, or fluffy, or big-boned? Obese?!

Even the word itself is disgusting. Overweight I could live with, but freakin OBESE?!

After that I decided to go out and do a little calculation on what it would take to be not-obese. 185. That was my marker. 185 to be acceptable to society again. 185 to not feel like a hippo (a literal one, not the blog variety.) 185 to feel somewhat normal again and just another normal statistic in the news.

I don't mind being overweight. I think those statistics are skewed anyway. Everyone is different. My goal is to be 145. Long term though. I was 155 when I got married and I think I was a cutie-pie. I felt like a heifer back then. But after registering over the 200 mark, 155 would be a dream!!

So wanna know what a 200 pound girl looks like??


Yeah, not too bad. Actually this was probably a bit over 200.

But to be at the glorious "not obese" mark will definately be cause for celebration. I'll post pics of my journey to un-obesedom.

2 comments:

The fabric of my life said...

Can't see obese myself. Who was he looking at? Glad you're feeling better today. Try not to get on the demon scales every day :-)

JP said...

You should have hollered at the manager for the bad meal. Also, they have a Guest Relations line that you can call and give feedback to.
Oh, by the way, I think your a cutie-pie. :)