Thursday, November 10, 2005

Well it finally happened...

I turned three-oh. Thirty. Today is the day. Although, I wasn't officially born until around 1:30 p.m. So I guess I'm not thirty yet.

All this week I was trying to figure out what thirty meant to me. And you know what? I'm actually looking forward to it.

It seems to me that always in the past, I looked forward to my thirties. People in their thirties still seemed young, yet settled in their careers, had time and money to go out and have fun, started really living life.

My teen years were obsessed with finishing high school, twenties finishing college, now I really get the time to live it up!! Hubby and are going to purchase our first house in which we're not settling for less. A house we really love. We have a new car. Going to start having children. I AM going to lose this weight.

I think my thirties will become a period to me in which I really try to find myself. Figure out who I want to be and start cultivating relationships a little better.

So I suppose this is the point in which I lay down the goals I want by age forty. Here it goes:

1. Have at least one child.
2. Paid off student loans.
3. Spent more time with family and friends.
4. Have a really nice house that hubby and I can relax in.
5. Decide what I want out of my career.
6. Visit another country.
7. Vote.

I suppose that's enough for right now.

I came into work to this today.

My freind Missy M did it. She's so wonderful!!

1 comment:

The fabric of my life said...

Awwwww happy birthday honey. 30 is soooooo young. I bet you do all 7 things in the next 10 years. Have a great day, kiss kiss :-)