Thursday, November 17, 2005

Thank you for your support.

Thank you to everyone for all of your moral support. I stepped on the scale today (I'm such an addict) and lost again!!! Yay!! It's finally working!!

Hippo - You're a Bush fan?!?! Shocking!!! I must admit I'm a liberal...not hard core, but still leaning more left than right. (That's right, isn't it?)

Anyway, had a fabulous night last night. Missy M and I went shopping. She has been wanting to stop off at the Tall Girl's shop across the street from my house. So we finally stopped in.

Of course, upon entering I feel like rushing up to the clerks and stating, "Okay, I realize I'm short and squat but as you can plainly see, I'm with my friend who meets your requirements for 'tall'. I hold no assumptions that I'm tall in any way. I'll just sit in the back and akwardly look at clothes declaring every once in awhile, '(sigh) I wish I was a slim Jolly Green Giant then I could wear these beautiful clothes."

I always feel so self-conscience when entering upscale boutiques. The only thing I can liken it to is Pretty Woman. I always want to go back loaded with Wal-Mart bags and tell the clerks, "You work on commission, right? Big mistake, big, humongous!" and walk away.

After that we went to My Sisters Closet. It's a wonderful second hand store (stores like that you DO NOT call thrift) that has gently worn designer name clothes.

We browsed the racks for awhile in search of the elusive 'big' sizes and finally found a few areas we could browse. I picked a couple of sweaters and shirts. However when I went to go try them on, they were a tad to short (and showed my bulky bits).

I decided on two sweaters (which my hubby declares are "men's sweaters", but I don't care because I love large comfy clothes) and Missy got a pullover. At one point while I was checking out she grabbed a pair of sunglasses and asked the clerk, "Are all the sunglasses on the rack $14.99?" "Yes, all of them." responded the clerk. So she put the pair on the counter to purchase, then the clerk looked at her and said, "That'll be $35.99, please."

Missy and I looked at eachother in that way, then Missy replied, "Uh, thanks but no thanks." and we walked out. Then bitched for the next five minutes about how if you're going to put a sign that says "Sunglasses $14.99" on a rack, then it should apply to ALL of the freakin sunglasses. I bet they snicker some innocent purchasers with that tactic.

All in all it was a lovely day. Afterwards, I went home and made chili with cornbread (no, not from scratch, what do I look like? Martha?) and some Diet Coke cupcakes. (Just take one package of cake mix and stir in 10 ounces of Diet Coke, it's makes for a scrumptious low-cal dessert and tastes the same as if you made it with eggs and oil.)

Then I forced the men to sit down and have a decent dinner. "Uh, no TV trays tonight!!! Set the 'TABLE'. You do remember that peice of furniture don't you? I beleive it's buried under some books and my laptop in the living room. Just keep on walking and when you bump into something on your way to the front door, you'll know it's the table."

They actually talked much longer than I thought they would. I was shocked!! So all in all, it was a nice night. I think I'm going to make lasagna tonight.

2 comments:

The fabric of my life said...

Diet Coke cupcakes? That's a new one on me. I must give it a try sometime.

I have a good put down for snooty shop assistants. You go up to them and in a very sympathetic voice you say 'Oh, you have a moustache'. Hehehe

I wondered how Little Britain would be received across the pond. It's weird by British standards! I just love its' off-beat awfullnes and yes it is the one with 'the only gay in the village' (said in a Welsh accent of course) ;-)

Tanya said...

Diet Coke Cup Cakes! Wow, well done for losing :-)