Friday, September 30, 2005

Confuscious Say...

I never knew I had such proverbial friends before. Thanks guys!! You're right, memories past always seem more brighter than possible futures. Why is that? I worry too much, that's for sure.

Speaking of chinese proverbs, have you noticed Confuscious has gotten a little lazy lately?? Hubby and I love chinese food, so we end up with quite a collection of fortune cookies. But we've noticed that our actual supply of 'fortune' is lacking. These cookies now have more what I consider lessons, than fortunes. Such as:

"A kind person will make many friends."

or some such nonsense. I mean, if I wanted lessons on life, I would buy a book from my local Barnes and Noble.

The fortune cookies that I now look forward to are the somewhat pessimistic ones, such as:

"Snarky individuals do not get free drinks."

Okay, that wasn't actually a fortune we received, but just wait. I bet it will come up.

And so I'll leave you with a fortune:

"Person who blogs makes many unknown friends and makes up foolish words based on security standards."

Have a lovely fall!!

2 comments:

The fabric of my life said...

Thanks for the message on our lounge. The colour is a heritage colour and is an edwardian colour (apparantly) called 'waiting room green'. Not my first choice I have to admit but I'm warming to it. Carpet and curtains coming Monday. Watch this space ;-)

D xxxxx

The fabric of my life said...

Yes it is vinyl. We have a huge collection between us. P also DJ's in his own soul club he set up and any other opportunity he can.

D xxxx