Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Tired, But Better

I feel so friggin tired in the a.m., but much better since the kick in the butt.

So #1...lose weight. Last night, while working from home, I started building a weight loss application. I forgot how much I love to do these!! I have started by creating a journal form. I also have a master list of foods and their caloric value (okay, really WW point value).

So I started thinking that I might be able to share this with some friends. And also, what would I want in this app?? (It's just Access, but I may create a better version in VB to sell in the future...at a low rate though. I hate gouging people for software that helps.)

So this is what I have listed so far:
- Track weight
- Track daily eating (by meal, food description, portion size, servings, points/calories, and a notes field.)
- Track exercise
- Able to keep and add to a master list of foods, including fast food resteraunts
- Allow the user to track by their own food categories

I have all those in my db right now.

What I want to add:
- Ability to build weekly menus from food or dish templates
- Ability to add menu items to daily journal
- Grocery list report that is built from your menu and an optional field to track what you currently have in your cupboard and what you actually need to buy
- Reports on avg daily intake, weight loss, menus, etc...

Can anyone think of anything else that might be helpful?? Ashley, you in particular know what I'm thinking.

Anyway, I feel useful again, so I'm doing much better. Ta, ta ladies!! and studs!!! ;-)

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Crikey that sounds far too organised, comlicated and energetic! Just go to WW online and they do all that with you, ok at a price.... Good luck. I had to lose a lot after Titch, it was hard but when you get into the swing and people start noticing it spurs you on....

theBlueNibble said...

hey Onyx, the last time i saw u, u looked good !! whats the deal with the weight loss. hey and this software u r making will it b a freeware? Will it have the GPL (General Public Lisence). LOL . i guess there are a lots of people out there who will help u for the help.

Ms. Adventures said...

Onyx, wow that's UBER organized. Looks to me like you've got everything covered, but I don't guess I'd know unless I try to use it. I just have a notebook that I write my points in for each day and at the back of it i have recipes that I've figured the points out for. That's about it. I have Access so please share. I'm not sure where we could exchange e-mail addresses, but I have some things I could share with you too.

Onyx said...

Tats - I have done WW before and still kinda of doing it, but the problem I always have is none of the diet software really has everything I want. Such as the ability to make menus and build shopping lists off of it.

TheBlueNibble - Thanks for the compliment. In all reality, I'm happy with the way I look, just not the size. Plus you have to realize that any pic posted must meet the rigorous tests of showing me at my peak best. LOL

Ashley - I'll figure something out. I think it would be great to exchange. Worse case scenario, I'll give you my "spam" email account (set up strictly for spam) and we can exchange there.

wv: two much Jay-Z Videos

Ms. Adventures said...

ok give me that one and I'll send you something, you can always just respond with your normal e-mail so we can correspond :)