Monday, September 19, 2005

Enough Is Enough!!!

Okay, out of the muck and into the sunlight!!!

I've had it with myself!! It's time to take some action!!!

There are some things I need to do and to start, I'm making a list. I'm a goal oriented person and goal oriented people need what?? That's right...GOALS!!!

So my goals are:

1. Eat healthy and exercise in order to lose 30 pounds by December 31st. This equates to about 2 pounds a week. I will acheive this by making healthy meals and planning family menus each week. I will use the Weight Watchers system to track what I eat and ensure I'm eating all my veggies and fruits. I will not make any excuses to exercise, and will get in at least 30 minutes a day of healthy activity. I do this not only for myself, but for my baby, which I will try to conceive after I can acheive that healthy weight that will provide the best environment for my baby.

2. Make my home comfortable and clean. I will do this by focusing on those areas that irk me the most, such as: our front and back yards, our bedroom, and our dining room. I will keep my house clean and uncluttered by donating items to charity and throwing out items that are junk and not needed. I will start to make a comfortable living space for our future baby.

3. I am happy and unstressed at work. I will focus on time management and delegation of duties. I will be professional and seek ways to enhance my skills such as seminars, books, and associations. I will communicate and work with my boss when I become stressed or overloaded.

4. I am in control of our finances. Budget, budget, budget is my new mantra. I will share our budget with my husband in order to set and discuss our monetary goals.

5. I am feminine and sexy. I will only wear clothes that make me feel better about myself. I want to exude feminity and professionalism through not only my actions, but my appearance.

6. I spend time on me. This includes getting my nails done, getting my hair done, reading books, taking baths, reading my bible, blogging and other activities that help me retain my sanity and help me de-stress.

7. I am a loving and caring person. I will be there for my friends and family. I will show them that they mean the world to me and are the most important thing in my life. I will not be rude, condescending, or childish. I will be forgiving, understanding, and loving. I will not be ashamed by my actions and will stand up for myself in the most respectful way possible when I need to.

8. I am Jesus's child. I will go back to church and not judge others based on their pitfalls. I will lead by example, yet forgive myself when I forget myself.

9. And most importantly, I forgive myself if I fail to do these things all the time. I will follow my goals, however won't belittle or berate myself should I get off the path from time to time. I will simply pick myself up, shake myself off, and get right back on that path to my goals.

3 comments:

yournamehere said...

Those are admirable goals. Good luck with them.

Ms. Adventures said...

ONYX!!!

(as I run screaming up to you and hug you)

YAY ONYX! YAY ONYX! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY! YAY ONYX! YAY ONYX!

Seriously though I am SO proud of you! I'm SOO going to be your own personal cheerleader! Don't overdo yourself setting too many goals at once cause you don't want to feel like you failed, which can be discouraging. BUT I do like your last one, that's a great one. And the whole femininty thing is great too! It's awsome to be a girly girl and wear feminie thing, it makes you feel so sexy. Don't forget to take a "before" picture for us too, so that when Christmas rolls around, we can look back and say, look what a long way she's come!

theBlueNibble said...

Boy , do we have the new 9-Commandments here. U r on the right track Onyx. setting goals id the first thing for achieving them :) hope u are able to do all this and more !