Thursday, September 29, 2005

Weather

I know, how cliche' to talk about the weather, but that's what I'm about to do.

Walked out this morning, and it was so nice and beautiful. I love this time of year.

There's a slight chill in the air and all the good smells carry. The sun feels good on your back while the shady parts of you are freezing.

This time of year makes all the above 100 degree days so worth it. You just want to cuddle in bed or the couch, pop on a movie, and sip cocoa.

I arrived at work today and a woman passed me that smelled faintly like Vicks Vapo Rub. It smelled so wonderful. Oddly enough it reminded me of winters past in which I had colds. But for some reason, they're good memories. I remember sitting outside in the cold with my buddy Sean and doing Scrabble games, sipping cafe mocha. I lived for those lunches.

Then later in the day, I would head over to hippos and we would smoke and talk. I'd be freezing my butt off, but the company, smokes, and drinks was so good, who cared about weather. Her kids would be running around and about every five minutes would come over and demand, "Mom, I got somethin to tell you. Mooommm. I need to tell you something."

Ahhhh, memories. Sometimes I fear that the future does not hold such cherished moments as the past to me. (And I must admit some of my better memories involve cigarettes. I doooo love smoking! Can I bum a fag from anyone??? Damnit hippo and Sean, why'd you have to move?? sniff, sniff)

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I think your future will be full of lot's of happy memories :-)

wv you love dimples laughing with you

The fabric of my life said...

Mmmmm sounds lovely, you have a way with words :-) I too love this time of year. Here we get the smells of fires being lit for the first time and everything smells fresher. I could almost eat my washing when i take it in.

D xxxxx