Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Aftermath

Okay, so now seriously. They didn't take any tests. All they did was the usual urine test as I walked in the door. I probably downplayed it a bit, but...well you'd think they'd wonder somewhat at what's going on. Maybe I didn't act concerned enough??

Actually I thought maybe once I went there and they said, "No, you're not preggers," I'd stop these symptoms. But...well it feels as if they've gotten worse.

I know I'm driving you nuts with this, but it's small compared to the amount I've been worrying about it. Mostly because of the dumbass doctors you're supposed to rely upon that tell you it's just "stress" or your making it up because you're so desperate to be sick or pregnant.

And all anyone says is, "Don't stress. Try not to think about it." But

a) That's like saying don't think about pink elephants and then, bloop...



and b) these symptoms plague me all freakin day. There isn't a moment when I don't feel lightheaded. Then my throat feels lumpy. A brief twinge goes off in my nether regions. Headaches abound today. Geez!!

Part of what freaks me out is what if it's not stress or pregnancy?? What if I'm about to have a heart attack or a stroke?? WTF?? "Here's some prenatal vitamins and see me in a month. Good luck."??

Anyway, if I don't feel better by Monday, I'm calling my PCP. Hopefully he'll have some answers. I can't tell you the amount of people I know who had problems, the doctor's told them is was "stress" or "nothing" only to find out they had cysts or were pregnant. Idiots!!! (The doctors, not my friends of course. Duh!!!)

Anyway, I think most of it is post-partum stress. See my buddy Hippo moved to England a while ago, then my buddy Sean moved to Missoure'. Now...you know what's happened?? Oh my freakin God, you're not gonna believe it. Hold on to your desk or somethin....

Baskin Robbins closed down. Right across the street. I know what you're sayin. "But Onyx, you have a Starbucks almost right next door to you. What more could you need?"

Mint-freakin-chocolate chip ice cream baby. No one makes it as deliciouso as Baskin Robbins. Nope!! I won't hear it. La, la, la, la, la...I don't care what you say, Baskin Robbins had the best mint chocolate chip in the world. So as you can see my whole little world is out of whack.

Oh and in addition to that ,Hippo, Jutenhoops has closed. WTF?? Well at least I have dark chocolate M & Ms.

What? You've gotta be kiddin me....Arrrrggghhhh!!!!!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Looks like you need a long holiday with Hippo that will take your mind off everything. Sometimes when you concentrate on something it makes it worse! Unless of course you are pregnant.... I am terrible, when I get a twitch or pain anywhere in my body I almost always think I am going to fall down dead with a heart attack...