Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Rainy Day...um...Night


So it came down in buckets last night. Here are some pics from the local newspaper. I tried to take some pics but they just came out all dark.

Pretty cool, huh? At least when you're inside.

One of hubby's favorite pals ended up staying the whole night because the roads were like rivers. She crashed out on our couch while we all watched the news.

They closed the freeway behind our house because it was flooded. Thank God I decided NOT to go to that game. Even just driving the few blocks from the store was a hassle.

The oddest thing was when I went grocery shopping. I got out of the Rav and walked up to the store. It was very blustery, however it had patches of hot and cold gusts, which I thought was odd and immeidately knew something was up. Sure enough by the time I had to go, it was just pouring. Tons of rain. I was drenched in just the five minutes it took to walk to the car and put the groceries in the back. I loved it though.

Hubby and friend were nearly caught in a low point in the road because the water was so high it came up over the hood of the car. We received over 2.6 inches of water last night all in the matter of about an hour. This was more rain than we had received in the past five years.

Today it's grey and cloudy out. I love it!! They say it's going to still get to 104 degrees, but what do they know? They deal in 50% chances. :-p

No comments: